The WIC Program (Women, Infants and Children) provides access to healthy foods, nutrition education, breastfeeding support and referrals to health care and other community resources. You can trust WIC to be your family's nutrition expert during critical periods of growth and development, like pregnancy, infancy and early childhood.
How do I join WIC?
"...the woman we saw went above and beyond. She took the time to send me additional recipes and resources for my child."
Local WIC Highlights
Barnet, Burke, Concord, Danville, East Haven, Granby, Groton, Guildhall, Kirby, Lunenburg, Lyndon, Maidstone, Newbury (including Wells River), Newark, Peacham, Ryegate, St. Johnsbury, Sheffield, Sutton, Topsham, Victory, Walden, Waterford, Wheelock
We offer WIC appointments in our St. Johnsbury office as well as in three other communities to serve our families closer to where they live. Please call our office to find an appointment in a location that's most convenient for you: (802)748-5151
St. Johnsbury Local Health Office
107 Eastern Avenue, St. Johnsbury VT 05819
19 Parrish St, VT 05904
- Clinics are scheduled on the 1st Monday in January, March, May, July, September and November.
Lyndonville First Congregational Church
52 Middle St, Lyndonville, VT 05851
- Clinics are scheduled on the 2nd Monday of every month
Wells River Congregational Church
76 S Main St, Wells River, VT 05081
- Clinics are scheduled on the 3rd Monday of every month.
Little Dippers Doodle Children's Center
1198 Industrial Pkwy, St. Johnsbury, VT 05819
- Clinics are scheduled on the 4th Tuesday of every month
ABC & LOL Child Care Center
1448 Memorial Dr, St. Johnsbury, VT 05819
- Clinics are scheduled on the 3rd Wednesday of the month, if needed.
· Farm to Family – Every June and July, the Farm to Family Program gives WIC participants coupons for free, locally grown, fresh vegetables and fruits from farmers’ markets. See the complete list of markets authorized to accept coupons in 2019.
There are many ways WIC can help you succeed with breastfeeding, including:
· Extra WIC foods for breastfeeding parents
· Breastfeeding peer counselors (available in some offices)
· Referrals to community lactation consultants and other support services
· Breast pumps
· Breastfeeding groups and classes
Our staff has a breastfeeding designee that is available to answer breastfeeding questions to help you and your baby meet your breastfeeding goals.
There are Caledonia County employers that are breastfeeding friendly . If you’re an employer who supports breastfeeding in the workplace and want to be added to this list, fill out our application to be recognized by the State of Vermont for your excellence. Need assistance to become breastfeeding-friendly? No problem! Give us a call at 802-748-5151 and we can help.
For more details, see the WIC breastfeeding section of this page or call us at 802-748-5151.
At a farmers market you can buy just-picked fruits and vegetables and find something new to try. The market can also be a great learning experience for your kids! The Vermont Farm to Family Program offers coupons for free, locally grown vegetables and fruits to eligible WIC participants. See a list of participating farmers markets.
We pride ourselves in making sure families are connected with the resources in our community to help meet and maintain their goals. We connect WIC participants with a variety of resources related to food, child care, health care, drug and alcohol programs and housing.
· Health Insurance
· Affordable Housing
· Childcare / Preschool
Some community partners that we make referrals to include:
· Physician Offices, Dental Offices, & Mental Health Offices
Our WIC staff welcomes you!