Town Clerks are authorized to issue certified copies of Vital Records, including certificates of birth, death, marriage, and civil unions. Below are links to resources that town and city clerks may use during the course of their work.
Changes were recently made to the Vital Records Law related to the issuance and storage of birth and death certificates. These changes were made to protect against misuse of these legal documents and reduce the potential for identity theft. Additionally, the changes streamline the statewide system for creating, storing and tracking birth and death certificates. Many of the questions Town and City Clerks have about these changes can be found in our Frequently Asked Questions.
- VRIMS User's Guide for Town Clerks
- Act 46 Frequently Asked Questions
- General Instruction Manual
- Birth Registration Manual
- Death Registration Manual
- Marriage Manual
- Marriage Date Table (current)
- Marriage Date Table (2019)
Watch the training on Act 46 Implementation for Town Clerks from May 2019.