Town Clerks are authorized to issue certified copies of Vital Records, including certificates of birth, death, marriage, and civil unions. Below are links to resources that town and city clerks may use during the course of their work.
Town Clerk Reference Materials
- General Instruction Manual
- Birth Registration Manual
- Death Registration Manual
- Marriage Manual
- Marriage Date Table
- VRIMS User's Guide for Town Clerks
- Act 46 Frequently Asked Questions
- Public search tool (for births and deaths)
- Application for License of Civil Marriage
- Getting Married in Vermont
- Marriage Checklist for Officiants
- Affidavit of Homeless Status form
Watch the training on Act 46 Implementation for Town Clerks from May 2019.