You First is a unique program offering support for breast and cervical cancer screening and heart disease prevention. We aim to support our members in overcoming barriers to getting timely screenings and reaching their heart health goals.
Reminders for Health Care Providers:
- Refer anyone you think might qualify to the You First program. Refer them to YouFirstVT.org for help applying.
- Have You First applications and materials in your office. Need materials? Review and request them here
- All Medicaid providers are able to bill for You First services. Not a Medicaid Provider? Enroll on the VT Medicaid Portal
- Send You First a member’s results after they’re screened. Download the form
- Bill You First for applicable services. Get billing tips
You First Basics
You First is a collaboration between the Vermont Department of Health, the CDC, and Vermont’s health care providers. Collectively, we help eligible women and anyone with breasts or a cervix:
- Schedule and pay for heart health screenings and breast and cervical cancer screenings—plus any diagnostic follow-ups.
- Navigate the health care system—from answering questions, to scheduling appointments, to arranging transportation.
- For members 30-64, free lifestyle benefits like fitness and weight-loss memberships, blood pressure equipment and support, coupons for local farmers markets—and much more.
You First eligibility
Individuals are eligible for You First if they:
- Have (or have had) breasts or a cervix or need preventative breast or cervical cancer screenings.
- Live in Vermont
- Are at least 21 years old
- Are 30-64 years old to receive heart health screenings and lifestyle benefits
- Earn up to 250% of the federal poverty level.
- May be uninsured, have Medicaid, have private insurance, or have Medicare.
For general questions or inquiries, contact us Monday to Friday, 7:45AM to 4:30PM:
Call: 800-508-2222 | TTY/TDD: Dial 711 first
Email: [email protected]