In This Section:

We're here to help!

Email the Health Department or call 800-464-4343 | 802-863-7200
Fax: 802-865-7754 | TTY/TDD: Dial 711 first

The Health Department is open Monday - Friday, 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. We are closed on Vermont State holidays.

We have moved! See new mailing addresses.

The Health Department has moved out of 108 Cherry St. in Burlington. The Burlington Local Health Office has moved to 128 Lakeside Ave. in Burlington. All other divisions and offices that were at 108 Cherry St. have moved to the Waterbury State Office Complex. See mailing addresses below.

NEW Main Address 

VT Dept of Health  
280 State Drive 
Waterbury, VT 05671-8300 

NEW Burlington Local Health Office Address 

Burlington Local Health Office - Chittenden County WIC services found here
Suite 106 
128 Lakeside Ave 
Burlington, VT 05401 

See addresses for Local Health Offices 

NEW Division Addresses

VT Dept of Health 
Board of Medical Practice
280 State Drive 
Waterbury, VT 05671-8320 
VT Dept of Health 
Business Office 
280 State Drive 
Waterbury, VT 05671-8310 
VT Dept of Health 
Emergency Preparedness, Response and Injury Prevention 
280 State Drive 
Waterbury, VT 05671-8330 
VT Dept of Health 
Environmental Health 
280 State Drive 
Waterbury, VT 05671-8350 
VT Dept of Health 
Family & Child Health 
280 State Drive 
Waterbury, VT 05671-8360 
VT Dept of Health 
Health Promotion & Disease Prevention 
280 State Drive 
Waterbury, VT 05671-8380 
VT Dept of Health 
Health Statistics & Informatics 
280 State Drive 
Waterbury, VT 05671-8370 
VT Dept of Health 
Laboratory Sciences & Infectious Disease 
280 State Drive 
Waterbury, VT 05671-8390 

VT Dept of Health 
Local Health – Central Office 
280 State Drive 
Waterbury, VT 05671-8315 

VT Dept of Health 
Substance Use Programs 
280 State Drive 
Waterbury, VT 05671-8340 

Email a Specific Program or Office

You can reach many programs and offices directly to ask a question, request help or to file a concern.

A staff person will respond to you as soon as possible. Regular office hours are from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

PROGRAMContact For
Asbestos & Lead Regulatory ProgramAsbestos and lead licensing, permitting and handling concerns, Essential Maintenance Practices (EMPs)
Submit a tip or complaint
Email the Asbestos and Lead Regulatory Program
Board of Medical PracticeLicensing of physicians, podiatrists, physician assistants, anesthesiologist assistants and radiologist assistants, or for filing a complaint against a licensee
File a complaint
Email the Board of Medical Practice 
Call 802-657-4220
Blue-Green Algae/CyanobacteriaEmail inquiries or to report a cyanobacteria algae bloom 
Communication OfficeEmail the Communication Office
Email for Media Inquiries
Drinking Water TestingTo order a test kit, call the Public Health Laboratory at 802-338-4724 or 800-660-9997
For help understanding your results, email the Private Drinking Water Program or call  802-489-7339 
Emergency Medical Services (EMS)Contact our EMS program
Food & Lodging ProgramLicensing, questions or complaints about food service facilities, bars, and hotels, motels, etc.
Submit a sanitation complaint
Submit an illness complaint
Email the Food & Lodging Program
Health InsuranceVermont Health Connect
ImmunizationGeneral immunization or vaccine questions
Immunization RegistryImmunization records questions
Local Health OfficeFind contact information for your local health office
Media InquiriesFor questions, information or to request an interview
Medical Examiner's OfficeThe medical examiner is responsible for death investigations. Autopsy reports are released to next of kin. For death certificates, contact Vital Records
RadonEmail the radon program or call 800-439-8550 for a test kit and information
My Healthy VermontEmail the My Healthy Vermont program or call 802-863-7270 for information about free self-help workshops for diabetes prevention or maintenance and other chronic disease workshops. Or visit the website
Smoking & TobaccoEmail the tobacco program or call 802-863-7330 for quit smoking and other resources.
Email about smoking violations or call 802-489-7344 about smoking violations and information about workplace or public smoking.
Survey Phone CallsIf you receive a phone call or letter on behalf of the Vermont Department of Health about participating in a survey and want to check to see if it was legitimate or have questions, please reach out.
Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System: 800-869-2871
Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS): 802-391-4865
Town Health OfficerFind contact information by town or name of health officer
You FirstEmail the You First program or call 800-508-2222 for breast and cervical cancer screening and heart disease resources. 
Vital RecordsBirth, death, marriage, civil union records
WICFor questions about WIC, contact your local office or email WIC. To enroll, visit Apply to WIC.
File a Public Records Request

To file a records request or for more information, go to Public Records and Public Information

Vital Records – If you are looking for birth, death, marriage/civil union or divorce/dissolution records, go to Vital Records & Population Data

The Health Department's Records Officer is Paul Hochanadel, Director of Operations.

Email the Health Department

Indicates required field