A bell with the word "update" under it.

Flooding in Vermont

If you are on a private well or spring, assume your water is contaminated if floodwater has reached your well or spring. Do not use it for drinking until you know it is safe.

Free drinking water test kits are available for private wells and springs affected by flooding. You may pick up a kit at your Local Health Office or at a flood resource center (also known as a MARC).


what to do if you have a private well or spring
emergency drinking water testing for private wells and springs



Serving East Central Vermont (Northern Windsor and Southern Orange Counties)

Our staff are based in your community – we are the local face of public health in Northern Windsor and Southern Orange County. We work in schools, at worksites, with your town offices and partner groups, and we serve individuals and families right in our office. We help pregnant people, new parents and young children to eat well and learn about nutrition, we provide immunizations, and we support programs and policies that help all people form healthy habits. We invite you to learn about the many ways we can help you, your family and your community be healthy.

Contact Information
White River Junction Office of Local Health
118 Prospect Street, Suite 300
White River Jct., VT 05001
888-253-8799 or 802-295-8820


Rudy Fedrizzi, MD, Public Health Services District Director
888-253-8799 or 802-281-4501


Email [email protected]


See Staff Contacts

Communities Served

Barnard, Bethel, Bradford, Bridgewater, Chelsea, Corinth, Fairlee, Hartford (including Quechee, White River Junction, Wilder), Hartland, Norwich, Pomfret, Randolph, Rochester, Royalton, Sharon, Stockbridge, Strafford, Thetford, Tunbridge, Vershire, West Fairlee, Woodstock

Last Updated: