Frequently Asked Questions
What is a passing score?

A retail food establishment must achieve a score of 70 or higher AND have no uncorrected critical violations. Temporary food service establishments do not get scored inspections, but they must not have any uncorrected critical violations in order to pass inspection. 

I can't open the inspection report. What's wrong? 

Make sure the pop-up blocker is disabled on your computer. It may be preventing the inspection report from opening. 

What do all the numbers mean on the inspection report?

This Guide to Reading an Inspection Report explains the different numbers and colors on the report.

Why can't I find an establishment? 

Try searching with fewer keywords. Instead of "Julie's Riverside Diner" try "Julie." If you still can't find it, the establishment may not have a recent electronic inspection on file. 

How do I get a copy of an inspection?

All retail food service and temporary food service inspections since May 2016 are available on the public portal. To request a copy of any other inspection reports, contact the Food & Lodging Program at 802-863-7221.

Last Updated: