We fund 12 tobacco control and prevention community grantees. These coalitions work with various partners, such as schools, healthcare organizations, state and local government, nonprofits, businesses and media, to prevent and reduce tobacco use and exposure in their communities. Through their efforts, strong tobacco-free social norms have been shaped and protective measures passed. The coalitions serve Vermonters all around the state.
Some examples of grantee initiatives include:
- Working with towns to make public places, multi-unit housing, parks and beaches smoke-free
- Collaborating with youth groups to educate communities about the impact the tobacco and vape industries have on youth and young adults
- Promoting the benefits of passing ordinances and updating town plans and zoning districts to reduce the impact of tobacco in local communities
- Helping businesses and behavioral health facilities incorporate tobacco-free policies
- Collaborating with underserved populations, such as BIPOC and LGBTQ people, to make sure their voices are heard and represented
Read our Success Stories.