Rate of Recent Cases by Town Map - Maps showing rates for cases and vaccines have been moved to a new page, Rates by Town
Long Term Care Facilities Reports
Variants in Vermont
Regional Modeling Slides (Department of Financial Regulation)
Active Outbreaks in Long Term Care Facilities
The table below reflects cumulative counts of all Vermont COVID-19 cases in long-term care facilities in Vermont during an active outbreak at the facility as of the date above. These counts do not reflect people with an active COVID-19 infection. Facilities are removed from this table if there have been no additional cases during the most recent 14 days. The count includes the following confirmed and probable cases:
- Initial case(s), regardless of their source of infection, who exposed other cases within the facility.
- Cases among residents, staff, visitors, or external contractors (i.e. plumbers, electricians, hospice nurses, etc.) with a known source of exposure within the facility.
- Cases may be counted at more than one facility if they meet the above criteria at more than one facility.
There is a row for every facility with an active outbreak. In order to protect people’s privacy, a facility name or case count may not be shown. We follow these rules:
- When a facility has less than 25 residents and staff, the name of the facility is shown as Long Term Care Facility A, B, C, (for example).
- When the case count is less than 6 or when more than 75% of residents and staff and at the facility are infected, the case count is not shown.
This information is updated on Tuesdays, but will be updated on Wednesday, September 8th this week.
September 20, 2021
|Facility Name||cumulative COVID-19 Cases|
|Vermont Veterans Home||17|
|Vernon Green Nursing Home||30|
|Vernon Hall Assisted Living||12|
|Green Mountain Nursing and Rehab||22|
|Centers for Living & Rehabilitation||15|
|St. Joseph Kervick Residence||Not Shown|
|Long Term Care Facility A||6|
|Long Term Care Facility B||6|
COVID-19 Cases in Schools While Infectious: The table in the report reflects the data available at the time the report is compiled. Any adjustments will be reflected in the next update. Weekly school reports are posted on Tuesdays before noon.
At this time, all the genetically sequenced specimens are the Delta variant. For this reason, we have suspended the variant table.
The Health Department detects variants of concern through genetic sequencing of certain viral specimens. As of 7/22, all sequenced specimens were Delta (B.1.617.2) or the Delta sublineage (AY.3). While there is no current need for the variant data table, current data about the virus’s activity in Vermont can be found on the Health Department’s Covid-19 Dashboard.
Variants of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, are expected to continue to emerge, and the Department will continue to conduct genomic sequencing. We will resume publishing the findings should there be substantial new detections of other variants. Vermont’s variant percentages align with the variant distribution in Region 1 (New England) found on CDC’s Variant Proportions page.