Immunization Program staff work with primary care providers to ensure they have the resources needed to vaccinate their patients across the lifespan. We provide:
- All CDC recommended pediatric vaccines for any child at no cost. Providers must enroll in the federal Vermont Child Vaccine Program (VCVP).
- All CDC recommended adult vaccines, except influenza, for adults age 19 to 64 at no cost. Providers must enroll in the state Vermont Adult Vaccine Program (VAVP).
- Oversight and review of all vaccine orders.
- Education and support for vaccine storage and handling.
- IQI - Immunization Quality Improvement for providers emphasizes process steps for on-time vaccination.
- Training and support in the use of the statewide Immunization Registry.
- Training and education opportunities including comprehensive VCVP/VAVP provider education, biennial Infectious Disease/Immunization conferences, and updates after ACIP meetings.