Anyone without symptoms can be tested for free at a pop-up location.
Vaccinations help protect people from the risk of disease, especially infants who are too young to be vaccinated, and children and adults whose immune systems are weaker. Vermont's Immunization Program works with families, health care providers and community partners to make sure children and adults are protected against vaccine-preventable diseases by increasing immunization coverage levels.
Twenty-five primary care practices in Vermont are being recognized by the Vermont Department of Health for high child or teen immunization rates in 2018. To receive recognition, at least 90 percent of child patients must be up to date with their immunizations for 11 vaccine-preventable diseases including measles, mumps and whooping cough. At least 80 percent of teen patients must be vaccinated to prevent meningitis and cancers caused by human papillomavirus (HPV). To be eligible for consideration, providers must have at least 20 teen or child-age patients. The full list of practices receiving recognition is below.
Child & Teen Immunization Rates
- Green Mountain Pediatrics (Bennington)
- Hagan, Rinehart & Connolly Pediatricians (Burlington)
- Richmond Family Medicine
- Gifford Pediatrics (Randolph)
Child Immunization Rates
- Brattleboro Primary Care - Pediatrics
- Essex Pediatrics
- Evergreen Family Health (Williston)
- Family Practice Associates (Cambridge)
- Joseph Nasca, MD (Milton)
- North Country Pediatrics (Newport)
- Northwestern Pediatrics Enosburg
- Pediatric Medicine (South Burlington)
- Rainbow Pediatrics (Middlebury)
- Richmond Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine
- Rebecca Collman, MD (Colchester)
- St. Albans Primary Care
- St. Johnsbury Pediatrics - Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital
- Timber Lane Pediatrics North (Burlington)
- University of Vermont Health Network CVMC Family Medicine - Waterbury
- University of Vermont Medical Center Family Medicine - Colchester
- University of Vermont Medical Center Family Medicine - Hinesburg
- University of Vermont Medical Center Family Medicine - Milton
- University of Vermont Medical Center Family Medicine - South Burlington
- Upper Valley Pediatrics Thetford
Teen Immunization Rates
- Little Rivers Health Care Bradford
In This Section
The School Entry Immunization Rule sets immunization requirements for entry at public or independent kindergartens, elementary and secondary schools.