The Morrisville Local Health Office promotes the health and wellness of women, children and families throughout their lives. To do this we work with:
Women, Children and Families
- We help women access health care for healthy pregnancies, and refer women and their partners to drug or alcohol treatment and quit smoking services.
- We connect women with WIC Services for nutrition education for their pregnancy, postpartum period, and for nutrition education to support children up to age 5.
- We help new moms become successful at breastfeeding by linking women to breastfeeding support services such as our WIC Nutritionists. We encourage local businesses to become a breastfeeding friendly employer.
- We offer training for new moms in many community settings on valuable topics like infant safe sleep.
- Share best practices and resources within the community to support pregnant and postpartum women and their children. We partner with Strong Families Vermont by referring women pregnant for the first time.
- We reach out to foster parents to share key public health messages on maternal and child health.
Health Professionals and Child Care Providers
- We support and outreach to health care and dental health care providers, home visiting nurses, our local parent-child center and child care providers to share current key messages on maternal and child health.
- We promote Bright Futures, a national health promotion and prevention initiative that sets kids up for long and healthy lives.
- We provide training on a variety of topics to birthing center nurses and home visiting nurses.
- We provide education and technical assistance to child care providers.
Children with Special Health Needs
Lactation and Birthing Solutions
Local Breastfeeding Friendly Employer Grant Recipient
The Town of Hardwick received the Breastfeeding Friendly Employer grant in 2015. They did a great job turning their space into a bright, light-filled new breakroom with a refrigerator and new flooring with a dual purpose as a private lactation space.
Breastfeeding Friendly Employers
Our local health office also supports breastfeeding in the community. We do this by collaborating with workplaces to make them more accessible to breastfeeding moms. For example, through a Breastfeeding Friendly Employers grant, local employers were able to create private lactation spaces within their organizations.
Contact Wendy, at 802-888-1353 if you would like to become a Breastfeeding Friendly Employer.
We coordinate the Maternal Child Health Coalition of Lamoille Valley which focuses on improving the health and wellbeing of women, children and families in the Lamoille Valley.
We manage the Lamoille Valley Community Response Team, which collaborates with the “Close to Home” program to support high-risk pregnant women and ensure they receive the services and support they need.