Make Changes To An Advance Directive

Make Changes To An Advance Directive

Access Your Registered Advance Directive

You can log into your personal account with the username and password you created when you set up your registry account OR refer to the login instructions on your most recent letter from the registry. 

personal account login

You can use your personal account to:

  • Download, view and print your document(s).
  • Email or fax a copy of your document.
  • Confirm that your document is current and still reflects your wishes.

Make changes to your advance directive

  1. Complete a new advance directive form. The new advance directive must be signed and witnessed. In addition to submitting your new directive to the Registry, send copies of the new directive to anyone with a copy of your previous advance directive. 
  2. Email, mail or fax a copy of the newly signed advance directive form AND an Authorization to Change form* to:

*Submissions that do not include both forms will be returned by mail for correction. You are not required by law to register an advance directive. 

Revoke the Appointment of a Health Care Agent, Suspend or Delete Your Advance Directive

  1. Submit a written statement and a signed Authorization to Change form to the Vermont Advance Directive Registry. Provide a copy of the written statement to anyone with a copy of your advance directive.
  2. Mail or fax the written statement and form to:
  • Mail: Vermont Advance Directive Registry, P.O. Box 2789, Westfield, NJ 07091-2789
  • Fax: (908) 654-1919