The Vermont Statewide Incident Reporting Network (SIREN) is a comprehensive electronic prehospital patient care data collection, analysis and reporting system that has been in use since 2010. EMS reporting serves several important functions, including legal documentation, quality improvement initiatives, billing, and evaluation of individual and agency performance measures.
Vermont is collecting EMS data that is compliant with the National EMS Information System’s (NEMSIS) Version 3 Data Dictionary. To learn more about NEMSIS and EMS Data in the United States, go to the NEMSIS website.
If you would like to explore Elite using the Sandbox account, use the following login:
Username: Sandbox18 Password: VTEMS18
If you are an EMS provider that needs help with your SIREN account, contact your agency's SIREN Administrator.
If you are the SIREN Administrator for your EMS agency and need assistance, please refer to the resources on this webpage or in SIREN’s Help University before contacting the VDH EMS Office.
If you need additional assistance, please complete the following form SIREN Help Request
Updated SIREN Elite Resources
The following resources for SIREN Elite users and administrators have recently been added or updated, and more are on the way. Check back regularly!
- Documentation Tips
- Narrative Guidance
- Module Name Cheat Sheet
- Report Writer Instructions
- SIREN Elite Training for Providers
- Documentation: Finishing an Incident
- Documentation: Incident Date
- Documentation: Recording a 12-Lead
- Documentation: Recording Cardiac Arrests
- Documentation: Times
- Scenario: Trauma with Transport
- SIREN Description
- SIREN Data Limitations
- 2017 EMS Calls
- 2018 CARES Summary
- 2017 CARES Summary
- Narcan Administration by EMS 2014 - 2015
- Narcan Administration by EMS 2016
- Narcan Administration by EMS January - March 2018
- Narcan Administration by EMS April - June 2018
- Naloxone Distribution and Administration
- Occupational Injuries 2014 - 2016
- Farm-Related Injuries 2014 - 2016
- Winter Sport Injuries 2014 - 2016
- Bicycle Injuries 2014 - 2016
- Fire-Related Injuries 2014 - 2016
- Pedestrian Injuries 2014 - 2016
- Recreational Vehicle Injuries 2014 - 2016
- Unrestrained Occupant Injuries 2014 - 2016