Contact Us

Contact Us

We're here to help! Email the Health Department or call 800-464-4343 | 802-863-7200
Fax: 802-865-7754 | TTY/TDD: Dial 711 first

Email a Specific Program or Office

You can reach several of our programs and offices directly to ask a question, request help and information, or to file a concern.

Select a program. A staff person will respond to you as soon as possible. Regular office hours are from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Program Contact For
Asbestos & Lead Regulatory Program

Asbestos and lead licensing, permitting and handling concerns, Essential Maintenance Practices (EMPs)
Submit a tip or complaint
Email the Asbestos and Lead Regulatory Program

Board of Medical Practice Physician licensing, file a complaint, profiles
Blue-Green Algae/Cyanobacteria Inquiries or to report an algae bloom 
Communication Office Media inquiries, website
Email the Communication Office or call 802-863-7281
Drinking Water Testing Contact the Public Health Laboratory
Kit ordering: 802-338-4736
Customer Service: 802-338-4724 or 800-660-9997
Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Contact our EMS program
Food & Lodging Program Licensing, questions or complaints about food service facilities, bars, and hotels, motels, etc.
Submit a sanitation complaint
Submit an illness complaint
Email the Food & Lodging Program
Health Insurance Vermont Health Connect
Immunization  General immunization or vaccine questions
Immunization Registry Records questions
Local Health Office Find contact information for your local health office
Medical Examiner's Office The medical examiner is responsible for death investigations. Autopsy reports are released to next of kin. For death certificates, contact Vital Records
Radon Email the radon program or call 800-439-8550 for a test kit and information
Smoking & Tobacco

Email the tobacco program or call 802-863-7330 for quit smoking and other resources.
Email about smoking violations or call 802-489-7344 about smoking violations and information about workplace or public smoking.

Survey Phone Calls Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System and other survey calls
Town Health Officer Find contact information by town or name of health officer
Vital Records Birth, death, marriage, civil union records
WIC Nutrition services and enrollment
Email the Department of Health

Contact Us

File a Public Records Request

To file a records request or for more information, go to Public Records and Public Information

Vital Records – If you are looking for birth, death, marriage/civil union or divorce/dissolution records, go to Vital Records & Population Data

The Health Department's Records Officer is Paul Hochanadel, Director of Operations.

In This Section

If you are in immediate danger, dial or text 911. Here are other ways to get help now.

As a public agency, the Vermont Department of Health is responsible for applying efficient and effective management methods throughout the lifecycle of a record. Records must be systematically managed – learn more about how we do that.