For Immediate Release: May 6, 2020
Ben Truman │ Vermont Department of Health
802-951-5153 / 802-863-7281
Get Vaccinated at Special Speedway, Drive-through and Mobile Clinic Events
Vaccination events held Friday, May 7 and through the weekend
BURLINGTON, VT – Vermont is offering special COVID-19 vaccination opportunities starting Friday, May 7, with a drive-through clinic at the Tunbridge Fairgrounds from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. This clinic will have the one dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine. You can register through the Health Department website at healthvermont.gov/MyVaccine, or just “drive in,” no appointment necessary.
On Saturday, May 8, clinics will also be held at the Bear Ridge and Devils Bowl Speedways, with no appointment needed. These walk-in only clinics, held in partnership with the speedways and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) teams, will also have Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
The Bear Ridge Speedway event, at 1058 Kidder Road in Bradford (Orange County), will run from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. with the Newport/Glover EMS. There will be 150 slots available.
The Devils Bowl Speedway event, at 2743 VT-22A in West Haven (Rutland County), will be held from 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. with Rescue Inc. There will be 180 slots available.
Eight mobile clinics in Essex County and one in Caledonia County this weekend will also offer Johnson & Johnson vaccine. You can make an appointment for the events through our website at healthvermont.gov/MyVaccine. They will also have some walk-in slots available.
Saturday, May 8:
- Concord School, 173 School St., Concord, 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Lunenburg Common, 15 Park Ave., Lunenburg, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Maidstone Town Office, 508 VT-102, Maidstone, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday, May 9:
- Canaan High School, 99 School St., Canaan, 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Silvio Conte Forest Parking Lot, 5396 VT-105, Brunswick, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Island Pond Fire Station, 102 Railroad St., Island Pond, 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Norton Miriam Nelson Municipal, 12 VT 114 East, Norton, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- East Haven Community Building, 64 Community Building Road, East Haven, 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Newark Street School, 1448 Newark St., West Burke, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. (Caledonia County)
Health Department officials encourage Vermonters who are age 18 and older and not yet vaccinated to consider taking advantage of these easy opportunities to get vaccinated.
If you prefer to make an appointment at another location, or have questions about the vaccine, visit healthvermont.gov/MyVaccine.
You can also follow our social media @healthvermont to hear about additional walk-in opportunities and to help spread the word.
# # #
About the Department of Health
We have been the state's public health agency for more than 130 years, working every day to protect and promote the health of Vermonters.
Visit healthvermont.gov — Join us on Facebook — Follow us on Twitter