Vermont's goal is to maintain full in-person instruction throughout the school year. The Health Department and Agency of Education have made recommendations to school districts on how to safely return to class. The Health Department works with the Agency of Education and other partners to support the health and wellness of children and their families.
If a student is identified as a contact at school, follow Health Department guidance.
If your child is sick, keep them home from school and other activities. If they have symptoms of COVID-19, get them tested. Talk to their primary care provider and school nurse about when to return to school.
School nurses can find guidance for creating a return to school policy with this Sample School Sickness Policy.
NEW School COVID-19 Reporting Memo May 16, 2022
Updated COVID-19 Recommendations and Considerations (Agency of Education)
COVID-19 Resource Center for Vermont Schools (Agency of Education)
Vermont COVID-19 Vaccination Rates by School District/Supervisory Union
2022 COVID-19 Testing in Vermont Schools (Agency of Education)
If you learn of a case of COVID-19 at your school, contact the Health Department's Infectious Disease Epidemiology team. Call 802-863-7240 (Mon - Fri 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.).
- NEW Template COVID-19 at School Letter to Parents, Guardians
العربية /Arabic | မြန်မာစာ/Burmese | Chinese - Simplified 中文 | Chinese - Traditional | دری / Dari | Français/French | Kirundi | नेपाली/Nepali| پښتو/Pashto | Soomaali | Español /Spanish | Swahili | Tiếng Việt/Vietnamese
- 2022 COVID-19 Testing in Vermont Schools (Agency of Education)
- COVID-19 Testing: Resources for Families (Agency of Education)
- Advisory Memos (Agency of Education)
- School Nurse Role in School-Located Vaccine Clinics
- Children, Teens and COVID-19 (CDC)
- Help your child or teen cope with stress (Vermont Department of Mental Health)
- Spread of COVID-19 Related to Participation in High School Sports
- Vaccine locations
- COVID Support VT: a team of professionals with expertise in mental health, public education and awareness and knowledge of COVID-related issues and resources.
- Protect Yourself and Others
- Vermont Afterschool
- Proper Handwashing
- COVID-19 Cases in Schools While Infectious - due to changes in testing and contact tracing in schools, the final update of this report was January 10, 2022.