The Vermont Immunization Registry (IMR) is a secure health information system that contains immunization records for persons living in Vermont. Medical providers use the IMR to find patient histories for new patients, and print IMR reports for parents who need these records for school and child care entry. School nurses use the IMR to help find immunization records for immunization coverage reporting.
Because the IMR contains records for all persons born in (or seeking medical care in) Vermont, medical providers are able to use it to explore immunization coverage in their own practice, and identify persons who are not up to date for immunizations. It is a valuable tool for assessing, for instance, pockets of need in the case of a disease outbreak, and it is a valuable public health tool for improving vaccination rates and reducing vaccine-preventable disease.
Influenza Brand Names and Code Support (August 2022)
IMR User Guidance: Using the Forecaster (Fact Sheet)
Health care providers who administer immunizations or need access to immunization information for the purpose of delivering health care may have access to the IMR. Medical providers may apply for an IMR account by completing the Confidentiality Agreement below. Contact IMR user support at 888-688-4667 or [email protected].
- Confidentiality Agreement Provider (standard signature version)
- Confidentiality Agreement Provider (digital signature enabled)
- Confidentiality Agreement Hospital User
- Confidentiality Agreement Nursing Homes or Long Term Care Facility
- IMR Vaccine Name and Code Support (October 2022)
- Influenza Brand Names and Code Support
- Link to Information about Immunization Program for Health Care Providers
- IMR Quick Guide Provider (April 2022)
- IMR Quick Guide Full Report Details Providers (April 2022)
- IMR Quick Guide Hospital User (May 2022)
- IMR Quick Guide Hospital Editor (May 2022)
- IMR Guide for Nursing Homes or Long Term Care Facility Users (May 2022)
- How to Use the Vaccines Due by Practice Report (Fact Sheet)
- How to Use the Not Up To Date Report to Recall Patients for MMR (Fact Sheet)
- How to Use the Not Up to Date Report COVID-19 (Fact Sheet)
- How to Run Vaccine Coverage Rates for any Vaccine Group (Fact Sheet)
- IMR 101: Part 1 Looking Up Information in the IMR (Video)
- IMR 101: Part 2 Manually Entering Immunizations (Video)
- Not Up To Date Report (Fact Sheet)
- Patients Immunized by Series Report COVID-19 (Fact Sheet)
- That’s Not My Patient Guide (Fact Sheet)
- Using the New Forecaster (Fact Sheet)
School nurses and administrators at schools without a school nurse on staff may have access to the IMR for the purpose of completing the immunization coverage reporting that is required each year. School nurses and administrators may apply for an IMR account by completing the Confidentiality Agreement below.
- Confidentiality Agreement School Nurse
- Confidentiality Agreement School Administrator
- IMR Quick Guide School Users
- Link to Information about the Immunizations for K-12 School Nurses and Administrators
Licensed and registered child care providers may have access to the IMR for the purpose of completing the immunization coverage reporting that is required each year. They may apply for an IMR account by completing the Confidentiality Agreement below.
Individuals or parents of minor children may request a copy of their vaccine records. Refer to the Instructions on How to Request Vaccine Records.
Note: The Vermont Department of Health does not currently provide QR codes or new COVID vaccine cards. Some pharmacies or other organizations offer replacement cards. Please check with the organization where you received your COVID vaccine.
Trouble logging in
- Be sure you are using Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Mozilla Firefox. Other browsers are not currently supported. Please Note: Internet Explorer may no longer be compatible. If you find you cannot use Internet Explorer any longer, please try one of the other compatible browsers.
- Check to see if a pop-up blocker on your computer is blocking access.
- For a new password or other questions, contact IMR user support at 888-688-4667 or [email protected]
- First Time Login Instructions
- Password and Username Troubleshooting Guide
- Patient Search
- That’s Not My Patient
- Not Up To Date Report
Individual information in the Registry is confidential, but we do publish summary data including county level vaccine coverage rates. Health care providers may request information about their own medical practice.
The IMR team publishes regular reports including state and county level information on a variety of topics. These are developed in concert with the Immunization Program and community partners in an effort to provide Vermonters with current, useful information about immunization in our state.
For other data requests, or information about the Registry, contact the Immunization Registry Manager at 802-951-4094.
- Data Brief: 2021 Annual Vaccine Coverage Report (October 2022)
- Data Brief: 2020 Annual Vaccine Coverage Report (September 2021)
- Data Brief: Influenza Vaccine Coverage for the 2020-2021 Flu Season (July 2021)
- Data Brief: Impact of COVID-19 on Routine Immunization in Vermonters under age 18
- Data Brief: Hepatitis A (July 2019)
- Data Brief: Pharmacies (April 2019)