The Vermont Immunization Registry (IMR) is a secure health information system that contains immunization records for persons living in Vermont. Medical providers use the IMR to find patient histories for new patients, and print IMR reports for parents who need these records for school and child care entry. School nurses use the IMR to help find immunization records for immunization coverage reporting.
Because the IMR contains records for all persons born in (or seeking medical care in) Vermont, medical providers are able to use it to explore immunization coverage in their own practice, and identify persons who are not up to date for immunizations. It is a valuable tool for assessing, for instance, pockets of need in the case of a disease outbreak, and it is a valuable public health tool for improving vaccination rates and reducing vaccine-preventable disease.
Immunization Registry User Support
Health care providers who administer immunizations or need access to immunization information for the purpose of delivering health care may have access to the IMR. Medical providers may apply for an IMR account by completing the Confidentiality Agreement below. Contact IMR user support at 888-688-4667 or IMR@vermont.gov.
- Confidentiality Agreement Provider
- Confidentiality Agreement Hospital User
- Confidentiality Agreement Nursing Homes or Long Term Care Facility
- IMR Quick Guide Provider
- IMR Quick Guide Full Report Details Providers
- IMR Quick Guide Hospital User
- IMR Quick Guide Hospital Editor
User Support for Health Care Providers
- IMR Vaccine Name and Code Support
- Influenza Brand Names and Code Support
- Immunization Program Info for Health Care Providers
- HL7 Best Practices Guide
- New Resource for Medical Providers: How to Use the Not Up To Date Report to Recall Patients for MMR
School nurses and administrators at schools without a school nurse on staff may have access to the IMR for the purpose of completing the immunization coverage reporting that is required each year. School nurses and administrators may apply for an IMR account by completing the Confidentiality Agreement below.
- Confidentiality Agreement School Nurse
- Confidentiality Agreement School Administrator
- IMR Quick Guide School Users
- K-12 School Nurses and Administrators Immunization
Licensed and registered child care providers may have access to the IMR for the purpose of completing the immunization coverage reporting that is required each year. They may apply for an IMR account by completing the Confidentiality Agreement below.
- Immunization Reporting Made Easier for Child Care Providers
- Confidentiality Agreement Child Care Providers
- IMR Quick Guide Child Care Providers
- Child Care Providers Immunizations
Trouble logging in
- Be sure you are using either Internet Explorer or Firefox. Other browsers are not currently supported.
- Check to see if a pop-up blocker on your computer is blocking access.
- For a new password or other questions, contact IMR user support at 888-688-4667 or IMR@vermont.gov.
Individual information in the Registry is confidential, but we do publish summary data including county level vaccine coverage rates. Health care providers may request information about their own medical practice.
The IMR team publishes regular reports including state and county level information on a variety of topics. These are developed in concert with the Immunization Program and community partners in an effort to provide Vermonters with current, useful information about immunization in our state.
For other data requests, or information about the Registry, contact the Immunization Registry Manager at 802-951-4094.