The Health Department website will soon have a new look and be easier to navigate.
Plans & Reports
Plans & Reports
- Weatherization + Health - two-page summary of the health and climate change co-benefits of home weatherization in Vermont
- Weatherization + Health Technical Report - report on how home weatherization addresses energy, health and environmental problems, and how weatherization improves home conditions that affect health
- 2021 Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Report
- 2020 Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Report
- 2019 Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Report
- 2018 Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Report
- 2017 Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Report
Search for Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Reports before 2017
Environmental Impact Statements
Environmental impact statements are both a decision-making process and documents that provide a systematic, reproducible, and interdisciplinary evaluation of the potential physical, biological, cultural and socioeconomic effects of a proposed action and its practical alternatives.
- F-35A Jets U.S. Air Force Operational Basic Environmental Impact Statement (2012) - The Health Department was asked by concerned citizens to evaluate the potential health effects resulting from basing F-35 jets at the Burlington Air Guard station. This report addresses the issue, but does not make a recommendation for or against allowing the F-35 jets.
Public Health Assessments
A public health assessment is the evaluation of data and information on the release of hazardous substances into the environment in order to assess any past, current or future impact on public health, develop health advisories or other recommendations, and identify studies or actions needed to evaluate and mitigate or prevent human health effects.
- Wind Turbine Noise & Human Health: A Review of the Scientific Literature (2017) - The Health Department conducted a literature review of the potential health effects from exposure to sound and vibration from wind-powered electrical generating facilities. Included in the appendix is the 2010 report, "Potential Impact on the Public's Health from Sound Associated with Wind Turbine Facilities."
- Radio Frequency Radiation and Health: Smart Meters (2012) - The Health Department conducted an assessment on the radio frequency radiation associated with smart meters in Vermont.