dial or text 911 If you are in immediate danger.
Mental Health Crisis text line
- Crisis Text Line – Text "VT" to 741741 and a trained crisis counselor will respond within 5 minutes.
- Dial 988 for the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline (formerly known as the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline). Trained counselors are available 24/7.
- VT Suicide Prevention Center – If you are thinking about suicide or are worried about someone else, this center will help you find help now.
physical Abuse or Violence
- Call or text 911 right away if you are in immediate danger.
- Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-228-7395
- Sexual Violence Hotline: 1-800-489-7273
- Vermont Network Against Domestic & Sexual Violence
- Call or text 911 immediately if the person has collapsed or stopped breathing.
- Northern New England Poison Center: 1-800-222-1222 (available 24/7)
- Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Information: 1-800-439-8550 (Weekdays 7:45 am–4:30 p.m.)
- USDA Vermont Rabies Hotline: 1-800-472-2437 (1-800-4-RABIES) or 1-802-223-8690 (in Vermont)
Alcohol or Drug Use
- VT Helplink - call 802-565-LINK (5465) or visit VTHelplink.org for free and confidential alcohol and drug support and referral services if you or someone you know needs help.
- Opioid Overdose Prevention and Naloxone Rescue Program
- Visit 802Quits.org for free help so you can quit smoking today.
- Dial 2-1-1 anywhere in Vermont or visit Vermont211.org to get live referral help to public and private state and community services.