GIS in Vermont
Many state, regional, and national GIS resources are available that can assist with public health work:
- GIS Technology is loosely coordinated across Vermont state government through the Enterprise GIS Consortium (EGC), which includes members from many different state agencies and departments.
- The Vermont Center for Geographic Information (VCGI) serves as the state’s lead GIS public organization.
- GIS staff at Vermont Regional Planning Commissions (VAPDA) maintain many useful maps and GIS data products.
Public Health GIS in the Federal Government
- GIS at the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
- Visit the MedMap site at the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS)
- Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) Data Warehouse