We investigate reportable diseases in our region. Reportable diseases are illnesses that are considered to be of public health importance, and must be reported by health care providers and laboratories to health departments and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
To notify the Health Department about a reportable disease, call 802-863-7240 or 800-640-4374 (VT only). Someone is available to receive your report 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
If you are diagnosed with a reportable disease, a public health nurse may call you or visit you to discuss your illness, help you take your medications, interview you about how you may have gotten sick and help prevent your friends and family from also getting sick.
- We provide safer sex supplies, such as condoms, free of charge.
- We offer presentations on infectious disease control and prevention, including for child care centers.
- We collaborate with community partners sharing information on how to prevent multi-drug Resistance organism cases, particularly within long-term care facilities and medical centers.
- We work to promote the health of all Vermonters, and that includes individuals within our LGBTQ community. We welcome your concerns or questions you may have about infectious disease control or prevention!
- Safe needle disposal: anonymous, environmentally friendly and free. Located at:
1 Pitkin Court
Montpelier, VT 05602