- We try to help town officials and organizations find funds to support health-promoting efforts related to the built environment, access to healthy foods, multi-modal transportation options and quality housing.
- We can offer examples of health promoting language to incorporate into town and regional plans.
- We have a Safe Routes to Schools Regional Expert on staff to provide additional support to schools.
healthy community design planning
Barre/Montpelier Road Diet (Rt. 302) VTrans Project
- This project is intended to improve the safety of bicycle traffic and also reduce vehicle collisions. Find out more information from VTrans.
Montpelier in Motion
- We participated in the collective process of creating this master plan. The Montpelier in Motion Master Plan helps establish recommendations for improvements to the bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure.
Harwood Track in the Woods
- An innovative community project to create a running track built right into the woods! Check out this video to learn more about this community-driven vision for creating a destination track! Follow along with their progress on their community Facebook page.
Central Vermont Regional Planning Commission
Local Motion (Washington County)
Planning for Prevention Primer
Vermont Healthy Community Design Resource
American Planning Association Healthy Community Design Planning Toolkit