To learn more about WIC or to enroll, visit the Health Department's WIC webpage.To schedule a WIC appointment or to enroll in WIC, call 802-524-7970. You can set up and appointment ahead of time, or call for a same-day appointment.
Richford Health Center
Nutrition Education Opportunities
Fit WIC encourages your family to play every day, with ideas for indoor and outdoor play, building skills and finding new places to visit.
WICHealth.org offers online nutrition education for WIC participants in English and Spanish. Convenience at its best! You can do it anytime and anywhere you have internet access. Use any computer, tablet or smart phone.
WIC2Five provides weekly health and nutrition tips by text. Each message is specific to your child’s age and stage of development, and offers helpful health and nutrition information, and more! WIC2five is just one of the many benefits from WIC, your family’s trusted source for nutrition information.
- Our staff includes peer counselors available to support pregnant and new mothers. The peer counselors are also WIC moms. The support is generally over the phone.
- We provide an infant comfort station at community events, such as the Maple Festival, the Baby Expo, and Month of the Young Child. The station is staffed by an experienced WIC mom, and it provides mothers and babies a relaxed setting for breastfeeding.
- We work with community partners to provide breastfeeding support groups. We consult with and support for employers working to be breastfeeding friendly. We work with childcare providers to help them support breastfeeding families.
- We provide hand breast pumps for WIC moms, as well as electric pumps for WIC moms who are returning to school or work. We provide education about and support for pumping.
- We lead Baby Behavior classes through Northwestern Medical Center.
- Our Public Health Dental Hygienist works with families through WIC to give fluoride treatments and help people to find a dentist.
- We support families with substance abuse treatment and smoking cessation, connecting parents to resources.