2005 Youth Risk Behavior Survey
Every two years since 1985, the Department of Health Division of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Programs and the
Department of Education Comprehensive School Health Programs have sponsored a survey of Vermont students.
The Vermont Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) measures the prevalence of behaviors that contribute to the leading causes of death, disease, and injury among youth. The YRBS is part of a larger effort to help communities promote the “resiliency” of young people by reducing high risk behaviors and increasing healthy behaviors.
View and Print the Survey by Section
- YRBS Highlights
- 2005 YRBS Survey powerpoint presentation (2.9 MB)
- Introduction - understanding the report; description of the sample
- Section 2 - injuries, violence and safety
- Section 3 - alcohol, tobacco and other drugs (ATOD); attitudes and perceptions about ATOD
- Section 4 - sexual behavior; body weight and nutrition; physical activity
- Section 5 - measures of youth assets; references