Since 2005, the Department of Health — together with Vermont’s statewide cancer coalition, Vermonters Taking Action Against Cancer (VTAAC) — has published a five-year strategic plan to reduce the impact of cancer on individuals, families, and communities in Vermont.
The 2016-2020 Vermont Cancer Plan: A Framework for Action is a guide for cancer control practices across the state and represents the collective efforts of cancer stakeholders throughout Vermont.
The plan includes shared goals, objectives, and priority strategies for reducing the burden of cancer in Vermont over the next five years. The 2016-2020 goals address the following areas:
- Reduce cancer-related disparities in Vermont.
- Prevent cancer from occurring or recurring.
- Detect cancer at its earliest stages.
- Treat cancer with appropriate, quality care.
- Ensure the highest quality of life possible for cancer survivors.
Vermont Cancer Plan and Related Reports
Vermont Cancer Plan: A Framework for Action
Evaluation Plan and Reports
- Vermont Cancer Evaluation Plan 2016-2020
- 2015 State Cancer Plan - Final Evaluation report
- VTAAC Membership Survey Evaluation Report 2015