Serving Southwestern Vermont
Services & Resources
For more information about these and other Vermont public health services,
visit the websites below or contact the district office
Breastfeeding & Mother-to-Mother Support
To help you get off to a good start, public health nurses and a nutritionist are available to answer questions if you are breastfeeding, and provide information about infant feeding. Breast pumps are available for WIC participants.
Children's Integrated Services - Department for Children and Families (DCF)
CIS coordinates the infant, child and family health and support services formerly provided by Healthy Babies Kids & Families, Children’s Upstream Services, and Family Infant Toddler.
Early Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment Program for children eligible for Dr. Dynasaur.
- Visit Green Mountain Care for more information about Vermont's health care coverage programs, including Catamount Health, Vermont Health Access Plan (VHAP), Dr. Dynasaur, and a number of pharmacy assistance and premium assistance programs.
Free mammograms and Pap tests for income-eligible Vermont women age 40 and older without Medicaid, VHAP or Medicare Part B; and age 18 to 39 with breast symptoms or an abnormal Pap test. For women 40 and older, screenings for cholesterol, diabetes, blood pressure and more are available.
Contact the district office, or call 800-649-4357 (toll-free in Vermont) for more information about the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children.
Arlington, Bennington, Dorset , Glastenbury, Landgrove, Manchester, Peru , Pownal, Readsboro, Rupert, Sandgate, Searsburg, Shaftsbury, Stamford, Sunderland, Winhall, Woodford.
District Director: Christine Bongartz, RN, BSN
Phone: 800-637-7347 or 802-447-3531
TTY Users: Dial 711
Monday thru Friday 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Closed on holidays - See a list of holidays
Vermont Department of Health
324 Main Street, Suite 2
Bennington, VT 05201
Map and Directions
From Route 7 South
- Rt 7 becomes North Street at the first traffic light
- Go straight through intersection
- Go straight through next traffic light
- At third traffic light take a right - this is Main Street
- 1/2 block down on right is CCV College (Downtown State Office Building)
- The Bennington District Office is in the rear of the CCV College (the door is on the left side of the building as you turn into the parking lot).