Serving Southwestern Vermont
Staff members are based in your community – we are the local face of public health. We work in schools, at worksites, with your town offices, community partners, and we serve individuals and families right in our office.
We help pregnant women, new mothers and young children to eat well, we provide immunizations and we make referrals to health care professionals. We support programs that help young people form healthy habits. We work to identify and stop the spread of disease, and to help people get alcohol and drug abuse treatment. We respond to public health emergencies;
We are here when you need us.
Services & Resources
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children is available through your Local Health Office. Call us to enroll in WIC nutrition services. For more information visit WIC in Vermont.
We work with families, providers, and community partners to make sure children and adults are protected against vaccine-preventable disease. Call us for information, or click to see when immunizations are offered in your area.
- Wondering about immunizations? Every parent has questions about childhood immunization. Visit OKtoAskVT.org for answers from experts.
Breastfeeding Promotion and Support
Public health nurses and a nutritionist are available to answer breastfeeding questions to help you and your baby get off to a good start. Breast pumps are available for WIC participants. We help worksites become breastfeeding-friendly. Call us for information, or visit our Breastfeeding website.
Arlington, Bennington, Dorset , Glastenbury, Landgrove, Manchester, Peru , Pownal, Readsboro, Rupert, Sandgate, Searsburg, Shaftsbury, Stamford, Sunderland, Winhall, Woodford.
District Director: Christine Bongartz, RN, BSN
Phone: 800-637-7347 or 802-447-3531
TTY Users: Dial 711
Monday thru Friday 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Closed on holidays - See a list of holidays
Vermont Department of Health
324 Main Street, Suite 2
Bennington, VT 05201
Map and Directions
From Route 7 South
- Rt 7 becomes North Street at the first traffic light
- Go straight through intersection
- Go straight through next traffic light
- At third traffic light take a right - this is Main Street
- 1/2 block down on right is CCV College (Downtown State Office Building)
- The Bennington District Office is in the rear of the CCV College (the door is on the left side of the building as you turn into the parking lot).