The Middlebury Local Health Office promotes the health and wellness of Addison County’s women, children and families throughout their lives. To do this we:
- Provide support and outreach to medical and dental health care providers, home visiting nurses, our local parent-child center, childcare providers and foster parents
- Help women access health care for healthy pregnancies, and refer women and their partners to drug or alcohol treatment and quit smoking services
- Provide training on a variety of topics including infant safe sleep to birthing center nurses, home visiting nurses, and new moms at the Parent Child Center
- Promote the Bright Futures developmental screening during infancy and childhood, depression screening for adolescents and postpartum women, and link children with developmental concerns to the Children’s Integrated Services Team
- Help new mothers with breastfeeding support; this includes encouraging initiation of breastfeeding at birth, linking women to breastfeeding support services like the Breastfeeding Peer Counselors at WIC and encouraging local businesses to become breastfeeding friendly. For a list of Breastfeeding Friendly Employers by County, click here.