The following information is provided to assist EMS agencies with implementing and maintaining a respiratory protection program for their personnel. If you have questions or would like to borrow a fit-test kit from the EMS office, please contact us at 800-244-0911 or at email@example.com
Prior to testing any personnel, you should have:
- Adopted a respiratory protection program
- Trained your staff regarding appropriate respirator use
- Had your staff medically evaluated to determine their eligibility to wear an N-95 respirator
You are responsible for:
- Assuring the above steps are completed prior to beginning fit testing
- Maintaining records regarding the medical screening, training and fit-testing status of your organization’s personnel
- Performing fit-testing in accordance with the fit test kit manufacturer’s instructions
- Purchasing and providing a supply of N-95 respirators for your personnel to use in their usual work setting where an occupational exposure could occur
- Returning your borrowed fit-test kit in clean and working condition within two weeks of receiving it.
Please review these resources carefully before use. There are specific edits and modifications that must be made by the end user for the materials to be appropriate for employer adoption.
- Implementing a Respiratory Protection Program: A Guide for EMS and Other Health Care Providers - A powerpoint presentation encompassing the basics of establishing a respiratory protection program.
- Medical Evaluation Questionnaire- Each employee who will be using disposable N-95 respirators must have been medically screened prior to fit testing and use of these respirators.
- Documentation of Medical Evaluation for Fit Testing- This document is the employer’s record that their employee has been medically evaluated.
- Respirator Training and Fit Testing Report- This document is the employer’s record that their employee has been trained and fit tested to wear a disposable N-95 respirator.