- Vermont Healthy Schools - the Vermont Healthy Schools Resource for nutrition and physical education/activity, and find about the annual school wellness awards.
- Fit WIC Vermont - Resources to help families with young children (birth to age five years) increase their physical activity and have fun.
- Vermont Action for Healthy Kids - supports healthy eating and active living for youth through a variety of statewide resources and programs that include mini grants to schools and the Fit and Healthy Kids School Wellness Awards.
- Girls on the Run Vermont - Girls on the Run© is a non-profit prevention program that encourages girls in grades 3-8 to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running.
- Getting Active and Making a Difference: Physical Activity in Mentoring
A resource for mentoring organizations and mentors to incorporate physical activity into their programs. Created in partnership with Mobius.
- Run Vermont - Youth running and activity programs, including Y.A.M. Scram, and Junior Youth Relay.
- Safe Routes to School - For children in grades K-8, Safe Routes to School is about walking and biking to school regularly, routinely, and safely.
Fit & Healthy Kids is a broad program for addressing issues related to childhood obesity, nutrition, and physical activity.
This program is an important part of the state's commitment to helping ensure that children in Vermont are healthy, and learn how to remain so for their entire lives. A key part of this effort is the work being done around the state with our school, health care, business, and community partners.
On the state level, Fit & Healthy Kids is a collaboration between the Health Department and Vermont agencies and departments, including Education, Buildings and General Services, Transportation, and the Governor's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports.