3-4-50 is a simple but powerful way to understand and communicate the overwhelming impact of chronic disease in Vermont. 3-4-50 is about making a difference at a level that can influence the health of many. Businesses, schools, cities and towns, and health care providers all play an important role in shaping the health of Vermonters. Our common goal is to make the healthy choice the easy choice where we live, work, learn and play.
Lack of physical activity, poor diet, and tobacco use lead to...
4 chronic diseases
Cancer, heart disease and stroke, type 2 diabetes, and lung disease result in more than...
50% of all deaths in Vermont
Most chronic disease deaths are from the four diseases included in 3-4-50. The same three behaviors, lack of physical activity, poor diet, and tobacco use, can also make other chronic diseases worse including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and liver disease.
- Addison County Regional Planning Commission
- Champlain Valley Area Health Education Center
- Mt Ascutney Hospital
- Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital
- Rutland Regional Planning Commission
- Town of Middlebury
- Trudell Consulting Engineers
- Vermont Association of Planning & Development Agencies (VAPDA)
- XIP Training Systems