LADIES FIRST CAN PAY FOR:
- Annual Screening
- Clinical breast exam
- Screening Mammogram
- Diagnostic follow up tests
- Diagnostic mammogram
- Second opinion
- Breast biopsy
- Risk counseling
- Genetic counseling
- MRI when clinically indicated
- Pelvic exam
- Pap test
- Diagnostic tests
There are some important changes coming to Ladies First membership benefits. One of our grants is coming to an end this June. This means that starting July 1st, Ladies First will not be able to cover the cost of heart health screenings and Lifestyle Programs, unless funding is renewed.
But don’t worry, Ladies First isn’t going anywhere! Ladies First will continue to cover the cost for breast and cervical cancer screenings, including Pap tests and mammograms, needed diagnostic tests, and provide support and guidance along the way.
Ladies First will no longer cover the cost of (starting July 1):
- Annual heart screenings
- Blood pressure readings
- Total cholesterol testing
- Blood sugar testing
- Weight Watchers
- Tops (Take Off Pounds Sensibly)
- Curves Complete
- Self-Monitored Blood Pressure Program
- Other Local weight management and fitness programs
We realize these changes could impact your health goals. We hope to again to offer these important benefits to our members and will be in touch once we know more about funding. In the meantime, we are committed to making this change as smooth as possible. Please call our Membership Coordinator at 800-508-2222 for questions and to find out if there are other lifestyle programs or services available in your area.
Interested in learning more about heart health?Get more information about women and heart disease
Using tobacco is another risk factor for heart disease. Quitting tobacco is one of the most important things you can do for your health and there’s a lot of help available.
- Free Diabetes Prevention Program – The Diabetes Prevetion Programs can help members who have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes or believe that they might be at risk for diabetes. The 12-month, group-based program consists of 16 one-hour weekly sessions followed by monthly sessions led by a trained coach.
- Free Smoking Cessation Resources are available through 802 Quits, contact 1-800 Quit Now (784-8669)
Ladies First can pay for transportation, child care, elderly care, and interpretation services for Ladies First appointments.
Ladies First members will be referred for full Medicaid coverage if breast or cervical cancer treatment is needed. For more information please contact our Clinical Navigator at 802-863-7332.