Chronic diseases are among the leading causes of death and hospitalizations in Vermont. The Chronic Disease Epidemiology program is responsible for analysis, interpretation and presentation of health data related to chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer, arthritis and asthma, and their risk factors.
This program supports the work of several chronic disease programs throughout the Department of Health by providing the following services:
- develop study designs, questionnaires, case definitions
- evaluate chronic disease programs
- locate or develop surveillance data systems, and analyze epidemiologic data sets
- provide state and national comparison data
- interpret Vermont chronic disease and risk factor data
- conduct epidemiologic investigations and special studies of chronic diseases and chronic disease risk factors of public health importance.
- monitor Vermont chronic disease trends
- publish reports and web pages on chronic diseases and risk factors
For more information about chronic disease epidemiology in Vermont, contact:
Research, Epidemiology & Evaluation Unit Chief
Vermont Department of Health
Center for Health Statistics
108 Cherry Street
Burlington, VT 05401