The right prescription is preparedness
Pandemic flu is a real threat. Taking a minute to reinforce this with your patients will go a long way to encourage them to prepare. With just a few moments, you can answer questions, help your patients understand the risk and what to do about it.
It starts with leadership, your leadership.
You have an influential role in making sure your patients keep this concern top of mind — and that it’s everyone’s responsibility to prepare.
Here are specific ways you can take the lead:
- Display in-office materials.
- Provide answers to your patients.
- Use the toolkit and extras here to help your patients know how to stay informed and make a plan, stock up to stay home, and stop germs from spreading.
Take the Lead Toolkit
Use the Take the Lead toolkit to prepare your community for a possible flu pandemic. Here are checklists, newsletter and e-mail templates, event ideas, health tips and more, plus:
- Key Messages for Health Leaders (PDF)
- Sample Newsletter Article for Health Professionals (PDF)
- Stop Germs from Spreading - Downloadable posters and video
- One-Stop Access to Federal Avian and Pandemic Flu Information
- Planning Checklists
Medical Offices & Clinics
EMS & Medical Transport
Home Health Care Services
Long-Term Care & Other Residential Facilities
For Health Insurers
Centers for DIsease Control and Prevention
- Pandemic Influenza Toolkit
This is a compilation of resources and information for clinicians to use in discussing pandemic influenza with patients, and providing care in the event of a pandemic.