Your neighborhood just got a lot larger
It starts with leadership, your leadership.
You may not realize it, but you have an influential role in helping your community members be prepared now, to make it easier to withstand the impact of a possible flu pandemic later. See yourself in a larger role, step up and join the effort.
Spread the word! Here are specific ways you can take the lead:
- Share information through your community networks.
- Ask your community members and neighbors to prepare.
- Host events.
- Use the toolkit and extras here to help people know how to stay informed and make a plan, stock up to stay home, and stop germs from spreading.
Take the Lead Toolkit
Use the Take the Lead toolkit to prepare your community for a possible flu pandemic. Here are checklists, newsletter and e-mail templates, event ideas, health tips and more to help your neighborhood, organization or community get ready now.
- Key Messages for Civic and Community Leaders (PDF)
- Sample Newsletter Article (Word)
- Stop Germs from Spreading - Downloadable posters and video
- One-Stop Access to Federal Avian and Pandemic Flu Information
- Faith-Based & Community Organizations’ Planning Checklist - Also available in Spanish (PDF)
Vermont Emergency Management