Additional Flu Clinics Set
DATE: November 24, 2004
CONTACT: Communication Office
BURLINGTON, VT — Vermont home health and Visiting Nurse Association agencies have scheduled additional flu shot clinics for adults who are at high risk of complications from the flu.
- Springfield – Monday, November 29, from 9 – 11 a.m. at the Springfield Senior Center, 139 Main Street.
- Chester – Tuesday, November 30, from 9 – 11 a.m. at the First Baptist Church, 162 Main Street.
- Bellows Falls – Wednesday, December 1, from 1 – 3 p.m. at the Bellows Falls Senior Center, 1 Hyde Street.
- Brattleboro - Thursday, December 2, from 1 -- 3 p.m. at the Gibson Aiken Senior Center, Main Street.
- Bradford – Wednesday December 8, from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Orange East Senior Center.
- White River Junction – Tuesday December 14, from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m., Bugbee Senior Center
- Windsor – Thursday December 9, from 9 -- 11 a.m., Mt. Ascutney Hospital
Call 802-886-2500 for more information about the clinics listed above.
- Dorset – Thursday, December 2, from 2 -- 4 p.m., Dorset Church.
- Rupert – Wednesday, December 8, from 1 -- 2 p.m., Rupert Community Building.
Call 802-362-1200 for more information about the Dorset and Rupert clinics listed above. Suggested cost for Dorset and Rupert clinics is $12. Medicare Part B will pay for the complete cost, so bring your Medicare card with you.
- Randolph – Thursday December 2, from 9 a.m. – noon, Randolph Senior Center, 6 Hale Street. By appointment only. Call 802-457-3208.
- St. Johnsbury – Friday, November 26 and Friday, December 3, from 2 -- 4 p.m., Caledonia Home Health office, 161 Sherman Street. -- Call 802-748-8116 with questions.
- Canaan – Wednesday, December 1, Canaan Senior Center, American Legion.
- Barton – Thursday, December 2, Barton Senior Meal Site, Barton Municipal Building, Main Street.
- Westfield – Monday, December 6, Westfield Community Center.
Call 802-334-5213 for times of the Canaan, Barton and Westfield clinics.
- East Poultney - Monday, December 6, from 8 a.m. -- noon, Young at Heart Senior Center.
- Rutland Town - Wednesday, December 8, from 8 a.m. -- noon, Diamond Run Mall.
- Brandon - Monday, December 13, from 8 a.m. -- noon, American Legion Post 55.
For the above three clinics, individuals who have Medicare Part B need only bring their card. For all others, the cost of the flu immunization is $10. For more information, please call the Rutland Area Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice at 775-0568 or call their Flu Hotline at 770-1574. Additional clinics will be advertised on the Vermont Department of Health website ( www.HealthyVermonters.info ) as they are set up. Keep an eye on your local paper or call the Vermont Department of Health Flu Vaccine Information Line at 1-800-695-0022 for more information.