We want as many Vermonters as possible to have access to dental care.
If you are uninsured, or want information about dental and other health care coverage programs, here are some places to start. Use these searchable directories to find a dental practice in Vermont and dental health insurance or other health coverage programs.
Vermont Health Connect - Insurance
Find health insurance plans offered by the State of Vermont and its partners, including Northeast Delta Dental.
Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) - Sliding Scale Care
You can get health care at a FQHC even if you have no health insurance. If you do not have dental insurance and live in their service area, you may be eligible for a sliding scale fee. All FQHCs accept Medicaid insurance, and most of them offer dental care.
These FQHCs provide dental care:
- Battenkill Valley Health Center (Arlington): 802-375-6566
- Community Dental Clinic (Morrisville): 802-888-7585
- Community Health Center of Burlington: 802-652-1050
- Community Health Center of the Rutland Region: 802-774-5050
- Health Center (Plainfield): 802-454-1047
- Island Pond Dental Center: 802-723-4300
- Ludlow Dental Center: 802-228-4446
- Northern Counties Dental Center (Hardwick): 802-472-2260
- Northern Tier Center for Health Dental Center (Richford): 802-255-5560
- Orleans Dental Care- Northern Counties Health Care: 802-754-6973
- Richford Dental Center (Richford and Swanton): 802-255-5520
You can also check this searchable website of FQHCs and other federally-funded health centers maintained by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Vermont211 - Information & Resources
Dial 2-1-1 to find all community-based health and other services.
Smiles Change Lives – Braces
This is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping kids from low-income families afford braces.