The Office of Minority Health and Health Disparities is charged with development and implementation of Vermont's Strategic Plan to eliminate health disparities in the delivery of health prevention and health care services to Vermonters.
- About the Office of Minority Health & Health Disparities
- Populations Served
- Minority Health Data
- Contact Us
- Reduce and eliminate racial and ethnic health disparities through partnership, education, and advocacy.
- Improve the health status of racial and ethnic populations so they can lead healthier lives.
- Access – We will support public and private initiatives that guarantee equal healthcare access and treatment, regardless of race, culture, or belief system.
- Cultural Sensitivity – We will respect the diverse knowledge, experiences, and traditions of our community members, and promote understanding and trust of every culture’s perspective across all health delivery systems.
- Collaboration – We will engage communities and individuals in planning and implementation to achieve equitable public health for all Vermonters.
- Integrity – We will work with our partners in an atmosphere of honesty, fairness, and respect, and meet the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Responsibility – We will establish trust with our partners by integrating their voices and needs into our activities and track our progress on measurable objectives.
- Empowerment – We will promote effective citizen participation in the identification of health disparities, the development of solutions that address the unique needs of their community, and local leadership that sustains progress.
- African Americans
- Asian Americans
- Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islanders
- Latino Americans
- American Indians
- Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender Vermonters
- Underserved Vermonters
Office of Minority Health
Vermont Department of Health
108 Cherry St., PO Box 70
Burlington, VT 05402
Email the Minority Health Office