IMPORTANT NOTE: Act 157 and New Immunization Regulations
This website has been updated to reflect changes made to the Vermont Immunization Law as outlined in Act 157 of the 2011-2012 General Assembly.
- New immunization regulations (eff. Jan 01, 2013)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Vermont's Immunization Law
Find information and join the conversation about immunization.
About School Entry Immunization Requirements
The purpose of the immunization requirements for school entry are to protect students, staff, and the visiting public against vaccine-preventable diseases within schools.
These rules establish minimum immunization requirements for attendance at public or independent kindergartens, elementary, secondary and post-secondary schools.
For information or assistance, please contact:
Vermont Department of Health
800-464-4343 x7638 (toll free in Vermont)
School Entry Requirements Manual
The School Entry Requirements Manual is a comprehensive resource for Vermont school and school nurse personnel, as well as other health care providers.
The Manual is divided into four sections:
Documents are provided in pdf format.
- School Entry Immunization Regulations (eff. Jan. 01, 2013)
All Forms current as of March 25, 2014
School Immunization Exemption
- Notice of Missing Immunization(s)
- Notice of Exclusion
- K-12 Provisional/Exempt Line List Worksheet
- Procedural Flow Chart for Records Assessment
- K-12 Immunization Checklist (optional use)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Vaccine Safety
- Institute of Medicine (IOM) Report -- "Adverse Effects of Vaccines: Evidence and Causality," August, 2011
- Vermont Immunization Registry
- Vermont School Heatlh
- Vermont Department of Health District Offices
- U.S. Vaccine List - Vaccines and Related Products
- Healthcare Personnel Vaccine Recommendations
- "The Pink Book" - Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases