Immunization Rate Data for Public and Private Schools
To better understand the percentage of students in a school immunized for each required vaccine, Act 157 requires each school to make “aggregate immunization rates of the student body for each required vaccine” publicly available. Immunization rates for the entire school are reported here in alphabetical order. This spreadsheet is organized by school name, but may be ordered differently (eg. by supervisory union, highest to lowest rate, etc.) by clicking on the sort button.at the top of each column.
The Vermont Department of Health collects immunization data from all Vermont public and private schools. This spreadsheet provides a picture of the immunization status of students entering kindergarten through twelfth grade.
2013-14 Statewide Immunization Data Key Findings
- The percentage of students entering Kindergarten who were fully immunized dropped by 1% this year to 85.8% after having been consistent over the prior two years -- 86.9% in 2012-13 and 87.0% for 2011-12.
- Students in Kindergarten who were provisionally admitted defined as neither meeting vaccine requirements or having a valid exemption was 7.9 percent.
- In public schools 86.9% of students entering Kindergarten were fully immunized and coverage levels for each individual vaccine were over 90%. In private schools, 72.2% of students entering Kindergarten were fully immunized, and coverage levels for each individual vaccine were below 80%.
- The percentage of students entering 7th grade who were fully immunized increased to 88.9% from 88.7% in 2012-13
Previous Years' Data
- 2012-13 Aggregate Immunization Rates by School
- 2012-13 Statewide Immunization Data
- 2011-2012 Report Data
- 2010-2011 Report Data
- Vermont Reportable Disease System
- Hospitalization Data (Vermont Uniform Discharge Dataset)
- Immunization Information Systems Interactive Data Query Tool
Cumulative counts of reportable disease cases can be found in our Infectious Disease News.
- Vermont Immunization Registry
- Vermont Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System
- Students 19 to 35 months old
- Students Attending Kindergarten
- Students Attending 7th Grade
- National Immunization Survey