The Program Evaluation and Monitoring System (PEMS) is a Web-based data entry and reporting software.
An agency that receives CDC funding for HIV prevention programs must collect data for PEMS that describes both a program being funded, and the clients being served.
***All documents in pdf format.
Policies & Procedures for Confidentiality and Security of Client-Level Data
This confidentiality policy for PEMS includes information about the procedures and conditions under which the Vermont Department of Health would or would not release PEMS client-level data.
These statements are required to be signed before a person can handle PEMS data.
- Confidentiality Statement
- Statement of Acknowledgement and Agreement of Confidentiality and Security Policies and Procedures for PEMS Client-Level Data
Power point presentations with accompanying quiz which must be completed before a person may handle PEMS data.
- Confidentiality Training for PEMS Users - If you will be handling PEMS data, you must review this Power Point presentation.
- Confidentiality Training for Supervisors - If you will be supervising staff who handle PEMS data or you are your own supervisor, review this Power Point presentation.
- Quiz: PEMS Confidentiality & Security - After completing the Confidentiality Training for PEMS Users, you must take this online quiz and submit it to the PEMS System Administrator.
- PEMS User Responsibility Worksheet - Complete this worksheet as you review the Power Point presentations above. The worksheet will help you to think about your role in relation to the confidentiality of PEMS data.
If you either supervise staff who handle PEMS data, or handle PEMS data and are your own supervisor: You must use these forms when there is staff turnover to notify Health Department, and to ensure that all staff handling PEMS data are authorized.
- Request for Staff Member Access to Client-Level Data
Complete this form for new staff member access to PEMS data.
- Notification of Staff Member Separation/Change of Duties
Fill out this form if a staff member who currently handles PEMS data will no longer need to.
- HIV Test Form
- HIV Testing Form and Variables Manual
This manual provides a detailed explanation of variables on the CTR PEMS form and instructions for completing the form.
- Training on the HIV Test Form
For personal review, or to train staff on the use of the form. Information includes Power Point presentation and practice data entry scenario, and answers which were used for training on the new CTR form.
- Optional fields on the HIV Test Form
This version of the form shows you which fields are Optional or should NOT be filled in:
- Optional fields are in YELLOW
- Fields that should NOT be filled in are in RED
Part II of the form is not shown, however on Part 2 Local Use Fields and CDC Use Fields should NOT be filled in.
Part III is NOT required in Vermont.
HIV/STD/Hepatitis Program Chief
Vermont Department of Health
108 Cherry Street, PO Box 70
Burlington, VT 05402