Youth Anti-Tobacco Summit to be Held at the Radisson Hotel in Burlington
Vermont Department of Health MEDIA ADVISORY
May 12, 2003
Vermont Department of Health
802-865-7706, or at the Radisson
BURLINGTON, VT—Over 300 high school-aged youth are expected on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 to participate in Our Voices Xposed 4th Annual Summit at the Radisson Hotel in Burlington.
At 9:30 there will be key note presentation by three Vermont youth who have been involved in OVX for the last three years. The keynote address is entitled “Our History Xposed” by Chuck Gagnon, Silas Barbour, and Jordan Paquette of Fairfax, Vermont.
From 10:30–3:30 there will be 11 workshops developed and led by Vermont high school aged youth.
- Acting Out Against Big Tobacco
- Producing an Intriguing Documentary
- Organizing a Tobacco Prevention Fun Night In your Local Elementary School
- We are not S.C.U.M.: Queer Youth and Tobacco
- Exposing the Media
- The Effect of Tobacco on Women
- Global Issues, Local Action: The Context of Tobacco
- Don’t Let Yourself Become a Puppet of the Tobacco Industry
- Survivor 101
- How We Got Started and Keep Going: Local OVX Site in Action
OVX stands for Our Voices Xposed. OVX is a youth-led, youth-run movement that is focused on exposing the truth about tobacco. Check us out on the web at www.ovx.org.