Dial 911 for Fire, Police, or Ambulance
Poison Hotline: 1-800-222-1222
- Has the person collapsed or stopped breathing? Call 911 immediately.
- Poison Hotline: 1-800-222-1222
- Childhood Lead Poisoning Information: 1-800-439-8550
- 1-800-882-2437 (1-800-882-AIDS) Toll free within Vermont
Weekdays (except holidays), 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Information about Vermont HIV/AIDS programs
- USDA'S VERMONT RABIES HOTLINE
1-800-472-2437 (1-800-4-RABIES) Toll-free in Vermont only
Seven days a week (except federal holidays), 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Had contact with an animal that may have rabies?
Call the Vermont Health Department: 1-800-640-4374
Answered Monday through Friday (except state holidays), 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- 1-800-QUIT-NOW (784-8669) - Answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call to sign up for free phone coaching or link to local coaches. More information at www.VTQuitNetwork.org.
Vermont 211: Health and Human Services
- Dial 2-1-1 for live person-to-person health and human services information and referral assistance.
- Vermont 2-1-1 staff can answer your questions, and help you to find the local, state, or national resources you need — including for health care, government benefits and services, non-profit organizations, support groups, volunteer opportunities, and donation programs.