Healthy Homes in East Central Vermont

We work to be sure that 1 and 2-year-olds in our area are tested for lead. We offer testing for lead for children receiving WIC Services if there is a need. We ensure results are shared with the child’s health care provider for follow up. We also promote lead testing in primary care practices, and share general information about healthy homes in the community at large through Community Health Teams and Parent Child Centers.

We follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Vermont Department of Health’s Healthy Homes program. Find more information about lead.

In addition to lead screening and prevention, we also provide information about:

Rental Housing

Families who live in rental housing are referred to their local Town Health Officer for rental housing code violations. Find your Town Health Officer.

Radon Test Kits

Order a free home radon testing kit.

Drinking Water Test Kits

Request drinking water testing kits from the Vermont Department of Health Laboratory by calling 800-660-9997 or 802-338-4736.