THIS IS AN EXERCISE. THIS IS NOT A REAL EVENT.
Radiological sampling teams at multiple sites in western Vermont are taking direct field measurements.
In addition to direct measurements, samples of soil, vegetation, water, milk, eggs, foods and animal feeds are being collected from state parks, farms and producers in the area for laboratory analysis by the Vermont Department of Health Laboratory in Burlington or by the State of Connecticut’s mobile laboratory that is now in the state.
For public updates: See News and Advisories
Field Sample Sites : June 3rd
Sampling Sites for Empire 09 for June 3, 2009 in Order of Priority
- West Pawlet Fire Department, 2806 Vermont Route 153, Pawlet, Vermont
- East Dorset AOT Garage, 18 Village Street, East Dorset, Vermont
- Danby Fire Station, 590 North Main Street, Danby, Vermont
- Tinmouth Fire Department, 5 Mountainview Road, Tinmouth, Vermont
- Wallingford Fire Station, 17 Railroad Street, Wallingford, Vermont
- Mt Holly Fire Station, 26 School Street, Mt Holly, Belmont, Vermont
- Plymouth Fire Station, 68 Town Office Road, Plymouth, Vermont
- Woodstock AOT Garage, 511 Woodstock Road, Woodstock, Vermont
- Ludlow AOT Garage, 91 Vermont Route 100 North, Ludlow, Vermont
- Cavendish Fire Department, 2154 Main Street, Cavendish, Vermont
- Reading AOT Garage, 1961 Route 106, Reading, Vermont
- Londonderry AOT Garage, 158 Derry Woods Road, Londonderry, Vermont
- Queechee Fire Department, 131 Willard Road, Hartford, White River Junction, Vermont
- Arlington Rescue, 152 Chittenden Road, Arlington, Vermont
Media for all sites is the same:
- Wild vegetation
- Drinking water, if readily available
Field Sample Sites : June 2nd
Select image for full view.
Sampling Site photos courtesy of Bill Irwin.