Navigating health care, child care, insurance and resources is challenging. Our team of care coordinators are located throughout the state, and are here to help children with special health needs, their families, and the providers who care for them.
Who is eligible?
Vermont’s Children with Special Health Needs (CSHN) serves Vermont children and youth from birth until their 21st birthday, who have a chronic physical or developmental condition and who also require health and related services of a type or amount beyond that required by children generally.
Here are some of the ways our team of care coordinators can help children and families:
- Meeting children and families where it is most comfortable for them
- Accessing health insurance, medical care, and services
- Collaboration with schools and special educators to create meaningful and appropriate educational plans
- Organizing care conferences with the various providers caring for a child
- Identifying services and resources that may be helpful for a child and family
- Accessing respite funding for families who are eligible
- Transitioning to adult services
Find the Children with Special Health Needs care coordinator near you.
Children with Special Health Needs
Vermont Department of Health
108 Cherry Street, PO Box 70
Burlington, VT 05402
Tel: 800-660-4427 or 802-863-7338