If you received a text message from 89361, this is a notification from the Health Department that you are a close contact of someone who tested positive for COVID-19. You need to stay home and away from other people to prevent further spread of the virus. If you had COVID-19 or are fully vaccinated you may not need to quarantine. Read more quarantine guidance in those cases.
Soon you will receive a call from a Health Department Contact Tracer. Please answer the call. The Contact Tracer will give you important information, including the date you may have been exposed and how long you need to stay home. They'll ask if you need any help while you stay home, and answer any questions you may have. If you don't answer and have voicemail, they will leave a message with the phone number to call back.
The contact tracer does not enforce rules. You will not get in trouble if you gathered with people or did not follow protocols.
Here is what you should do now:
- Please quarantine at home. This means you need to stay away from other people for 14 days. You can’t do activities outside of your home, like going to school, work, or out to do errands, and should separate yourself from others in your home. Learn more about quarantine.
- Watch for symptoms of COVID-19 and call your health care provider if you start to feel sick.
- Get tested as soon as you can. Find out where to get tested. It's okay to leave home to get tested, for urgent medical care or if you feel unsafe at home. You must quarantine and follow guidance provided by the Health Department even if this test is negative.
Find more information:
- "What to Do if You Are a Close Contact of Someone Who is Diagnosed with COVID-19"
in Arabic| Burmese| French|(link is exter Kirundi(link is external)| Nepali (link is external)| Somali| Spanish| Swahili| Vietnamese
- Close Contacts and Contact Tracing Web Page
- Frequently Asked Questions About Quarantine
- "Tips for Large Households or Extended Families Living in the Same Space"
in Arabiclink is external)| Burmese| Chineselink is external)| French| Kirundi| Nepali| Somali| Spanish| Swahili| Vietnamese
- "What is Isolation, Quarantine and Self-observation?"
in Arabic | Burmese | Chinese | French | Karen | Kirundi | Nepali | Somali | Spanish | Swahili | Vietnamese
If you still have questions:
Email general questions to AHS.VDHPublicCommunication@vermont.gov or call 802-863-7240.