Last updated September 21, 2021.
What are the goals of the Project?
The System of Care Enhancements Project is focused on the substance use disorder treatment and recovery services of the continuum of care. An ideal substance use disorder system of care would address the following goals:
- A single system of care that addresses all substance use disorder, regardless of substance of concern
- All Vermonters have access to high quality, evidence-based services
- Care that is coordinated across all services
- A system of care that is easy to access and navigate by all Vermonters
- Efforts are not duplicated to maximize efficiency and minimize cost
- Providers that are incentivized through a value-based payment structure
- A high-quality work force recruited and retained through competitive compensation, opportunities for advancement, utilization of skills and reduction in administrative burden
- Continual quality improvement activities
How can Vermont meet these goals?
To enhance Vermont's system of care for these services, the Department is reviewing the following components for improvement opportunities:
- Service designs
- Service delivery methods
- Provider service availability
- Payment for services provided
- Coordination of services
What is the timeline of this project?
We want to hear from you!
If you would like to provide input, comments or suggestions related to the system of care enhancement project, fill out the survey through the link below.
Megan Mitchell, Director of Clinical Service
Emily Trutor, Deputy Director