- Adult Tobacco Survey
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS)
- Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS)
- Tobacco Control Program - Macro Poll Results
- Youth Health Survey
- Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS)
- Chronic Disease Epidemiology (asthma, cancer, cardiovascular disease, COPD, diabetes, osteoporosis, and stroke)
- Environmental Public Health Tracking
- Health and Healthcare Trends in Vermont
- Infectious Disease Epidemiology
- Injury Surveillance
- Substance Abuse Surveillance
Vital Signs - Monthly CDC Program
Healthy Vermonters 2020
For the past two decades, Vermont has selected benchmarks from the national Healthy People initiative and monitored progress over time to:
- Encourage collaborations across communities and sectors.
- Empower individuals to make informed health decisions.
- Measure the impact of prevention efforts.
Healthy People 2020 provides a science-based comprehensive set of 10-year
national goals and objectives for improving the health of all Americans.
The Health Status of Vermonters report brings together data from an array of sources into a single document to present a picture of the health of Vermonters.
The Health Disparities of Vermonters report presents information, maps, data and trends that highlight health disparities as they exist today in the state, as well as recommended actions that can be taken to reduce these disparities.
The Vermont Adult Tobacco Survey is a telephone survey used to help evaluate the effectiveness of Vermont Tobacco Control Program efforts to reduce smoking and increase awareness and knowledge of smoking-related issues.
Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS)
Vermont tracks risk behaviors using a telephone survey of adults called the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance Survey (BRFSS). The results are used to plan, support, and evaluate health promotion and disease prevention programs.
Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS)
PRAMS collects state-specific, population-based data on maternal attitudes and experiences before, during, and shortly after pregnancy. The data are collected via surveys mailed to a random sample of Vermont mothers 2-6 months after they have given birth.
The Department of Health, in cooperation with the Department of Education, conducted the Youth Health Survey in 2004, 2006 and 2008.
Youth Risk Behavior Survey
Every two years since 1993, the Department of Health's Division of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Programs, and the Department of Education's Coordinated School Health Programs have sponsored the Vermont Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS).
The YRBS measures the prevalence of behaviors that contribute to the leading causes of death, disease, and injury among youth. The YRBS is part of a larger effort to help communities increase the “resiliency” of young people by reducing high risk behaviors and promoting healthy behaviors.
Chronic Disease Epidemiology
Chronic diseases are among the leading causes of death and hospitalizations in Vermont. The Chronic Disease Epidemiology program is responsible for analysis, interpretation and presentation of health data related to chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer, arthritis and asthma, and their risk factors.
- Health and Healthcare Trends in Vermont 05/2010 - 15.4MB, 900 pages
The goal of injury surveillance is to improve our understanding of the causes of injury, populations that are most at risk, trends in a particular type of injury, and the impact of prevention programs. The Vermont injury data and infrastructure are used to support various injury initiatives throughout the state.
- Data Brief: Opiod Dependency and Pregnancy
- Data Brief: Drug-Related Fatalities
- Data Brief: Buprenorphine Dispensed in Vermont
- Partnership for Success Profiles
- Barre District Office
- Bennington District Office
- Brattleboro District Office
- Burlington District Office
- Middlebury District Office
- Morrisville District Office
- Newport District Office
- Rutland District Office
- Springfield District Office
- St. Albans District Office
- St. Johnsbury District Office
- White River Junction District Office
- Windham County
- Windsor County
- Population Estimates Home Page
- Intercensal Population Estimates - 1990 to 2000
- Intercensal Population Estimates - 2000 to 2010 Rev. 01/04/13
- 2011 Vermont Population Estimates
- 2012 Vermont Populations Estimates
- 2013 Vermont Populations Estimates
- Vermont Population Data
- Electronic Death Registration System (EDRS)
- Death Certificate Tutorial for Physicians
- Immunization Registry