Development of the 2004 Comprehensive HIV Prevention Plan was a collaborative effort between the HIV/AIDS/STD Program of the Vermont Department of Heath and the Vermont HIV Prevention Community Planning Group.
The plan serves as a guide for Department of Health funded HIV prevention activities, and has many uses:
- It contains the elements of a statewide approach to HIV prevention.
- The plan can be used for research purposes to better understand HIV/AIDS in Vermont.
- The plan provides epidemiological information, HIV prevention needs information, and other relevant information regarding target populations.
- The plan also names service gap considerations, theories and strategies that should inform the creation of targeted interventions.
View and Print the Plan by Section
- Title Page, Table of Contents - 39 KB, 4 pgs
- Section 1: Summary and Introduction - 53 KB, 27 pgs
- Section 2: Community Services Assessment - 150 KB, 44 pgs
- Section 3: Prioritization of Target Populations - 64 KB, 14 pgs
- Section 4: Prevention for Positives - 36 KB, 14 pgs
- Section 5: Men Who have Sex with Men - 46 KB, 9 pgs
- Section 6: People at Increased Risk through Heterosexual Transmission - 50 KB, 10 pgs
- Section 7: Injection Drug Users - 54 KB, 12 pgs
- Section 8: Interventions - 76 KB, 22 pgs
- Section 9: Vermont Department of Health Activities - 83 KB, 19 pgs
- Appendices - 130 KB, 29 pgs
View and Print Entire Document
- HIV Comprehensive Prevention Plan - 1000 KB, 195 pgs