We are excited to invite all 9-12 th grade students in Vermont to participate in the
Be Tick Smart High School Video Contest
Enter before May 1, 2013 for a chance to win the GRAND PRIZE:
A guest appearance on WCAX's television news show The :30 where your video will be shown and you will have a chance to talk about your work.
Here's what to do:
- Read the Contest Guidelines.
- Fill out the entry form and email, fax or mail it back to the address given. Once the entry form is received we will send details about how to submit your video.
- Follow the PSA Guidelines.
- Submit your video according to the instructions via YouTube.com.
Post this contest flyer on bulletin boards in the school and library!
Background Info about Ticks & Lyme Disease
To create a winning PSA, you will need to have a good understanding about ticks, including the tick lifecycle, the bacterial infection that causes Lyme disease, and how to prevent it.
- Check out our Deer Tick Facts
- Read our booklet: "Be Tick Smart"
- Prevent tick bites
- Insect repellent tips
- Lyme disease in Vermont
- Lyme disease information from CDC
Did You Know? Tickborne illnesses are most frequently transmitted between early spring and late fall, since ticks are most active during warm months.
Prevention messages from the Vermont Department of Health
Listen to our PSA's for quick tips about how to Be Tick Smart and prevent Lyme disease
Test yourself: Play the Tick I.D. Game created by the Maine Department of Health and Human Services
If you have any questions about the contest, please contact:
Vermont Department of Health
Tel: 800-640-4374 or 802-863-7240